Sunday, May 17, 2015

Am I a Freelancer? Part III



I’m learning that I’m not much of a freelancer; however, I am at least learning.

In this lesson I’m supposed to create a “List of 10 things I deliver to my client, things that aren’t the thing. Things like timeliness, confidence, respect, a story, etc.”, and the last bit of instruction, in purple, no less, 

“Be specific.”

Well, first of all I need to define my “client”. Since I’ve determined that I’m not a freelancer, and have no paying customers,

1.       Who do I serve
a.       My family: most specifically my Joy, my Barney, my Eric, and my Gidgy. Yes, my extended family, too, but these people are number 1.
b.      My colleagues (Those with whom I work every day)
c.       My “partners” in business. (I hate the term “vendors”. They are much more than that, or at least those I consider “partners” are much more than that.)

2.       What do I deliver to them?
a.       Overt and unconditional love
b.      Honesty
c.       Integrity, and yes, one can be honest and still lack integrity
d.      Transparency (as a dear friend of mine said recently, “No BS”)
e.      As in all healthy exchanges, everyone wins
f.        Humor
g.       Always a good story
h.      Genuiness (What you see is what you get)
i.         My undivided attention
j.        Opportunity

While most of these aren’t necessarily in any particular order, and I suppose over time one or two of them might change, letter "a" is indeed number 1, and by far and away the most important. I do love God, and I do love people. When it comes to loving people, I need to work on "overt" and "unconditional" for some of them.

Maybe I could be a freelancer after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment