Sunday, May 10, 2015

Am I A Freelancer? Part II



Back to my freelancer’s course.

After a few more “lessons” from the Goden-meister, I get to my next assignment: What Do You Provide? 

What do I provide?

The first question under this topic is, What do people buy when they buy something from you?

I watched the series of videos leading up to this "quiz" several days ago, but haven’t been able to come up with a really good answer to this question until this morning – trust. I “sell” trust. If I don’t, everything else I do just isn’t worth doing. I suspect Mr. Godin was wanting something a bit more “hands-on”, but I don’t sell “hands-on” anything. I provide trust first, then everything else follows.

Maybe I’m not a freelancer.

The second and last question in this segment, which I’m finding even more difficult is, Leave out the easy, repetitive, generic stuff . . . What are you doing that’s difficult?

Well, certainly this course! It’s making me think in ways I’ve never considered. 

The whole thinking and research process for a potential alternative to Title IX funding is certainly a challenge, and there are the hotel / resident hall partnership discussions / decisions that are currently underway, and now a bond funding project to carefully research and implement. 

I guess now that I think about it, while I’m not so sure I’d call these “difficult”, they are most certainly challenging and they are not “easy, repetitive, generic stuff”. Actually, these kinds of things are the fun stuff!

Hmmm. Moving on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment